Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Visitor
Accepted Solution

GMSC2016: request for help with error after migration

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am trying to migrate workflows that worked in GMSC 2015 to GMSC 2016. All three workflows worked fine on GMSC15, but after migration to GMSC 16 only one works ok and the other two show the following error:

25.01.2017 11:59:01 ERROR - Controller List has raised an exception in Action Index.
Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.FormValidationException: The requested form has some validation errors.
   w Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.XmlDescriptionProvider.DeserializeFormXml(XDocument formListDocument)
   w Intergraph.Emea.SmartClient.Workflows.SmartClientXmlDescriptionProvider.LoadFormXml(String workflow)
   w Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.XmlDescriptionProvider.GetFormDescription(String name, String workflow)
   w Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.ListController.Initialize(RequestContext requestContext)
   w System.Web.Mvc.Controller.BeginExecute(RequestContext requestContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
  w System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__4(AsyncCallback asyncCallback, Object asyncState, ProcessRequestState innerState)
   w System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallBeginDelegate(AsyncCallback callback, Object callbackState)
   w System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.Begin(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Int32 timeout)
   w System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.Begin[TState](AsyncCallback callback, Object callbackState, BeginInvokeDelegate`1 beginDelegate, EndInvokeVoidDelegate`1 endDelegate, TState invokeState, Object tag, Int32 timeout, SynchronizationContext callbackSyncContext)
   w System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   w System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   w System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Files have been positively validated in GMSC 2015 environment.

Do you think that .NET add-ons that were implemented in GMSC2015 might cause error?

Do you think there is a need to adjust them to 2016?

I'd be grateful, if you can help me with this. The environment is on client's site and it's quite urgent.

Piotr Hanusz

Aplication Engineer

Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure

Contributor

Re: GMSC2016: request for help with error after migration

On behalf of Piotr I would like to add that workflows are validated positively both by old workflow editor and new graphical editor as well. The custom dlls has been compiled with new API.

I analyzed bot xml files and corresponding custom files (js and css) and everything is according to the instruction like custom file location. We still have the same erorr :

Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.FormValidationException: The requested form has some validation errors.

How is it possible if workflow editor didn’t show any errors?

The problem is going to be very urgent because the customer is not able to use GMSC 2016 in the production environment.

Best regards

Piotr Krok

Staff

it looks related to a list controller. did you go through this post?

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GMSC-Tutorials/Unsupported-Features-in-Graphical-Workflow-...

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

In this post there is only described problem with workflow designer.

But this is not the problem with graphical editor but with GMSC client.

I have in this case three workflows configurations (3 xml pairs) and one of them works (also with one form definition for list and form) and two has this validation error. So there must be some other difference in the xml structure between 2015 and 2016 which is not documented and not identified by new editor as an error. It is a bug for me.

It means that the workflows with one form definition for list and form controller can't be edited in new workflow designer not that it won’t work at all in GMSC 2016.

BtW Why these crucial changes are not described in the documentation? It means that a big effort has to be done for migration workflows to be compatible with GMSC 2016.

Staff

could you please post your form configuration?

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Contributor

OK.

Thanks Stefano. The problem was that in the GMSC 2015 files  there was  a bug in the form setting xml (reference for custom style - .less file not .css) and in the GMSC 2015 this problem wasn’t reported as an error and form worked but in GMSC 2016 this error was reported and form didn’t work. So why my confusion.

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.