Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to set level(order) of elements in the GMSC feature if geometry overlaps another geometries

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

is there a way how to set the level (order) of the geometry, if there are more gometries overlapping each other?

The situation looks like below. The same GMSC feature, but I would like to have polygon1 - the biggest one - covering the rest of polygons.

I have tried to set entitySql with ORDER BY parameters, but it is probably not related to the GMSC client geometries rendering.

Thanks for the help.

Jakub

Staff

Re: How to set level(order) of elements in the GMSC feature if geometry overlaps another geometries

Hi Jakub,

I thought the biggest polygon in your screenshot below is "polygon3", since the label "polygon3" (i.e. I assume it is polygon3 since you have polygon1, 2 and 4 on the screenshot) is covered by polygon2.

Anyway, I will get development to comment on this.

Thanks

Frank

Frequent Contributor

Re: How to set level(order) of elements in the GMSC feature if geometry overlaps another geometries

Hi Frank,

sorry, my mistake. Of course polygon 3 is the biggest one.

Regards,

Jakub

Technical Evangelist

Hi Jakub,

geometries will be automatically sorted by GMSC. The render order inside a layer can’t be manipulated. The geometries are sorted by their size and type.

BACKGROUND

1) First all areas will be rendered, ordered by their size

2) all polylines

3) all text geometries

4) all points

Best Regards,

Steve

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply Steve.

Regards,

Jakub

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.