Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Legend by map

Hi,

For print, is there a way to dynamically display only items that are in the map in the legend?

The customer has many features in the legend but only wants the legend to contain the features which are displayed in the printed map.

Thanks

Ciaran

Staff

Re: Legend by map

Ciaran,

looks like the default behavior. I may missing something, but in general only the layer displayed on the map are used in the printing. In addition you can also exclude some of them in the legend by using the "legend" button in the print configuration and double clicking the items you want to exclude:

Capture.PNG

Here cities are displayed on the map and in the print, but excluded in the legend.

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Hi Stefano,

The user wants to have the ability to only print what is on the map.

So for instance if there are 3 items in the legend 1.pipes, 2. towns, 3. landparcels but on the map only pipes and landparcels are visible (towns are out of the map range), is there any way to automatically tell the print to only have pipes and landparcels in the legend without having to manually remove the towns from the print legend?

Thanks

Ciaran

Staff

Hi Ciaran,

the default behavior is to hide in the legend layers the user intentionally switches off. There is not a check about the currently displayed features on the map.So if the layer is switched on but filtered by the current scale range it will be visible in the legend.

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi

The defaut behavior you describe didn't work for me on GMSC 2016, no way to hide layers from the print  even if i switch them off from the legend layers. Do you confirm?

this occured Only for a layout with legend, no issue with layout without legend

Regards

David

Staff

Hi David,

it's working fine on my 2016 installation in all the cases.

Can you try using a different print layout?

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

it occured only on the default layout legend when a project view is selected, if i uncheck the project view it is ok.

There must be something i don't understand with project views and printing.

Regards

David

Staff

from the documentation, project view specification:

Is restricted – This option takes effect at printing. When box is not checked, every visible feature in the project is printed. When box is checked, only features assigned to your Project view are printed.

Example – Three features are assigned in Project view and four features are set to visible in GeoMedia Smart Client. When the box is not checked, then all seven features are printed. When the box is checked, then only three features of Project view are printed.

and from print layout definition:

Define which project view should be assigned with the specific print layout.

Is this what you are experiencing?

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Hello

Thank you for your answer, does this mean that when you check project Views in the layout definition you cannot hide a subset of layer defined in the Project Views using the legend of GMSC. This is the way it works for our customer.

Regards

David

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.