Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Map operations cause application closing

Hi,

We are using GMSC2016.

Some of our customers has serious problem on their machines. After some map operations (zooming, moving etc) application closes unexpectedly. We are using JRE 8u152 but they claims that problem also appears on newest JRE (8u181).

Here's the full error log:

error

Re: Map operations cause application closing

Hello Mzebrows

When there is a Java crash please do the following.

1. Double check the version of GMSC and insure it is at the latest release. In your I would recommend moving to 2018 if possible.but at the very least 2016 service Pack 4.
  2. Try increasing the Heap size and see if this helps with stability
  3. Log a ticket and attached all applicable logs and information regarding configuration/customization so we can get the issue to development.

Thanks,

Marc

Contributor

Do you have IWS Features using ECW-Streams from a ERDAS Apollo?

From my experience, a 32Bit Java 8 VM may crash due to Memory Access Violations when using such layer types. The solution is to use 64Bit JREs only.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

No, my features are based on simple postgGis tables. But thanks for the information, If GMSC SP4 doesn't help then I will check JRE x64.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.