Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

MapView on form - how to mark current geometry object?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

In GMSC2016 SP4 I have a form containing FormMap widget.

<FormMap name="NewMap1" label=" " template="MapBigTemplate" editable="true" visible="true" required="true" persisted="true" saveinsession="false" override="false" layers="168" activelayer="168" drawingmode="highlighted" />

After displaying the map, I want current object of layer "186" to be somehow marked to distinguish it from other objects of "186" layer.
So I'm trying to change drawingmode parameters but it seems not to work.

How can I do this?_mapka.png

Staff

Re: MapView on form - how to mark current geometry object?

Hi mzebrows,

Is it possible that you have a typo here leading to issue?

I ask since I see the layers that has the drawing mode specified in the FormMap is '168', but in your further explanation you are asking about layers '186'.

layer.PNG

Regular Contributor

No, it's not the reason. I've just only made a mistake while writing a post.

The FormMap configuration looks as follows:

<FormMap name="NewMap1" label=" " template="MapBigTemplate" editable="true" visible="true" required="true" persisted="true" saveinsession="false" override="false" layers="49,51,52,73,74,72,50,54,53,39,46,48,166,167,168" activelayer="168" drawingmode="highlighted" />

Staff

Ok, from the post I wasn't certain.

The drawingmode defines how the fitted elements get drawn in FormMap. Are you selecting or fitting the element?

The three modes are 'default', 'selected' and 'highlighted'.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'm not really sure what You mean by "Are you selecting or fitting the element?". I've just selected those options in Workflow Editor. Unfortunatelly whatever value of Drawing mode I select, the result map looks the same_mapka2.png

Staff

I only mean that the 'fit elements' parameter of the FormMap properties should be specified

fitelements.PNG

Regular Contributor

I've set fitelements parameter to {FORM.id} but still nothing happened.

Now my FormMap configuration looks as below:

<FormMap name="NewMap1" label=" " template="MapBigTemplate" editable="true" visible="true" required="true" persisted="true" saveinsession="false" override="false" layers="49,51,52,73,74,72,50,54,53,39,46,48,166,167,168" activelayer="168" fitelements="{FORM.id}" fitfactor="1.5" drawingmode="highlighted" />

Staff

Your FormMap looks good.

The drawingmode works well for me

formmap.PNG

Check on the symbology for your feature that you have 'selected', 'highlighted' and 'default' set accordingly. Otherwise I'm not sure what the issue here is and recommend you submit a support ticket for further investigation.

Regular Contributor

Ok, the last problem was, that it was impossible to select or highlight feature on the map. Probably it was because, "Is locateable" checkbox of feature configuration was not checked. 

Thanks for help.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.