Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

NetworkError - Standalone Workflows in GeoMedia Smart Client 2015

Hi everybody!

I want to execute my workflow as standalone mode and I have been following the steps of this video (Standalone Workflows and Public Maps In GeoMedia Smart Client 2015) until the minute 4:17 http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GeoMedia-Smart-Client-Workflow/Standalone-Workflows-and-Pu...

My question is ¿what is the URL access to my workflow from the browser?. I also followed the steps of this tutorial “Creating a new workflow (How To)” http://smartclient.intergraph.at/documentation/Creating_a_new_workflow_%28How_To%29

However, when I try to open my Workflow in the url /server/StandaloneWorkflows/?workflow=MyNewWorkflow the message is “An Error occurred” and the firebug send the message  “NetworkError - 500 Internal Server Error

Is there anything else I should do?

I also included tags inside containers like  AuthorizationProvider, ConnectionProvider, SessionProvider in the Workflow.config   file (like the video) but when I run it again, it doesn't work , I get the message Could not load UnityContainer for workflow 'MyNewWorkflow'”.  My License is Geomedia Smart Client Professional. I hope somebody can help me.

Cheers,

Nelly

Technical Evangelist

Re: NetworkError - Standalone Workflows in GeoMedia Smart Client 2015

[ Edited ]

Hi Nelly,

the correct URL for accessing external workflows is like:
http://<server>/GMSC/Workflows?workflow=workflow3

You can try enable log4net debugging in web.config

<log4net>
    <appender name="WorkflowFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
      <appendToFile value="true" />
      <file value="Log\Workflow.log" />
      <staticLogFileName value="true" />
      <rollingStyle value="Size" />
      <maxSizeRollBackups value="15" />
      <maximumFileSize value="2048KB" />
      <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
        <conversionPattern value="%date{dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm:ss} %-5level - %message%newline" />
      </layout>
    </appender>
    <root>
      <level value="DEBUG" />
      <appender-ref ref="WorkflowFileAppender" />
    </root>
  </log4net>

and also in Workflow.config:

<appSettings>
    <add key="Debug" value="true"/>
  </appSettings>

This is my full workflow.config file definition:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="unity" type="Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.UnityConfigurationSection, Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration" />
  </configSections>

<appSettings>
    <add key="Debug" value="false"/>
  </appSettings>

<connectionStrings>
	<add name="workflow3" connectionString="Data Source=localhost\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=glasgow;User ID=glasgow;Password=glasgow" providerName="Intergraph.Emea.Data.SqlServerProvider"/> 
  </connectionStrings>

<unity>
    <typeAliases>
      <typeAlias alias="AuthorizationProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IAuthorizationProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
      <typeAlias alias="ConnectionProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IConnectionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
      <typeAlias alias="SessionProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Security.ISessionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.SecurityBase, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
      <typeAlias alias="ReportProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IReportProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
      <typeAlias alias="MapProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IMapProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
	   <typeAlias alias="DescriptionProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IDescriptionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
    </typeAliases>
    <containers>
		<container>
			<types>
				<type type="AuthorizationProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.AnonymousAuthorizationProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
				<type type="ConnectionProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.ConnectionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
				<type type="SessionProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.WorkflowSessionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />              
				<type type="DescriptionProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.XmlDescriptionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
			</types>
		</container>
    </containers>
  </unity>
</configuration>

And I don't know if this is a must and related Smiley Happy but this is what I have defined in Administrator. Maybe it's needed only if you have GMSC project where you want to use it.

Untitled.png

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Staff

Hi,

could you please post the configuration in you workflow.config file?

Please have a look also at the Workflow.log file on the server side.

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi again.

The workflows inside the GMSC folder C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient \Program\Workflows works very well in the browser. Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy

But, I have to said, that the workflows outsite the program folder (how I saw in the video), it doesn’t works. The file path is C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient\Workflows\MyNewProject. wepf

This is the Workflow.config of the StandaloneWorkflows application.

<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="unity" type="Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.UnityConfigurationSection, Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration" />
  </configSections>

<appSettings>
  </appSettings>

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="MyNewProject" connectionString="Data Source=ServerIP;Initial Catalog=BA_MX;User Id=Administrator;Password=Admon" providerName="Intergraph.Emea.Data.SqlServerProvider"/>
  </connectionStrings>

<unity>
    <typeAliases>
      <typeAlias alias="AuthorizationProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IAuthorizationProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
      <typeAlias alias="ConnectionProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IConnectionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
      <typeAlias alias="SessionProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Security.ISessionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.SecurityBase, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
      <typeAlias alias="ReportProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IReportProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
      <typeAlias alias="MapProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IMapProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
      <typeAlias alias="DescriptionProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IDescriptionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
    </typeAliases>
    <containers>
      <container>
      <types>
        <type type="AuthorizationProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.AnonymousAuthorizationProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
        <type type="ConnectionProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.ConnectionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
        <type type="SessionProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.WorkflowSessionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
        <type type="DescriptionProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.XmlDescriptionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
      </types>
      </container>
    </containers>
  </unity>
</configuration>

When I create the StandaloneWorkflows application in the IIS and don’t found the SmartClient15WfAppPool, instead of I selected GMSCWFAppPool, Is that the problem? Where I get it?

When I run the application with the url http://<server>/ StandaloneWorkflows /Workflows?workflow= MyNewWorkflow this is the message:

An Error occured

Exception

The controller for path '/StandaloneWorkflows/Workflows' was not found or does not implement IController.

Controller

Workflows

Action

Index

StackTrace

en System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.GetControllerInstance(RequestContext requestContext, Type controllerType) 
en System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.CreateController(RequestContext requestContext, String controllerName) 
en System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.ProcessRequestInit(HttpContextBase httpContext, IController& controller, IControllerFactory& factory) 
en System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) 
en System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() 
en System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

And this is the information from the log file:

#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.5

#Version: 1.0

#Date: 2016-04-22 17:07:26

#Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status time-taken

2016-04-22 17:07:26 fe80::785b:928:ecb1:4f84%21 GET /StandaloneWorkflows/Workflows workflow=MyNewProject 80 - fe80::785b:928:ecb1:4f84%21 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.1;+WOW64;+rv:45.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/45.0 404 0 0 1149

If I try to search this workflow "MyNewProject" in the Administrator of GMSC, I don’t found it.

--------------------------------

At least few minutes my standalone workflow, send signs of life. I type the path directly to the form like this

http://<server>/StandaloneWorkflows/Form?workflow=MyNewProject&nodeid=EditAreas

The form is empty, but when I want to consult the List Form get the error "Invalid object name 'SEC_SESSION'".

Thank you for your help.

Greetings from Mexico. Woman Very Happy

Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi,

please create a new app pool for the standalone version of WorkflowManager with the following settings:

• .NET version = .NET Framework 4.0
  • Managed Pipeline mode = integrated
  • Enable 32-bit Apps = False
  • Identity = NetworkService

You have also to create a SEC_SESSION table in your destination schema if you want to use Session Provider implemented in GMSC (you basically have to copy the table definition).

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

It works, Stefano!

Finally what I did was create the schema of my table and later I generate the application again with the specifications that you mentioned.

Thank you very much for your answers were very helpful.

Contributor

Hi All,

I am also configuring a stand alone workflow now in GMSC 2016.

I have review all anwers here and followed all instructions and finally when I try to start my workflow I have fololwing error :

An Error occured Unexpected Error

ExceptionCould not load UnityContainer for workflow 'ZRN_TEST'
ControllerForm
ActionIndex
StackTracew Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.WorkflowConfigurationManager.LoadUnityContainer(String workflowName) 
w System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory) 
w Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.WorkflowControllerActivator.Create(RequestContext requestContext, Type controllerType) 
w System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.CreateController(RequestContext requestContext, String controllerName) 
w System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.ProcessRequestInit(HttpContextBase httpContext, IController& controller, IControllerFactory& factory) 
w System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) 
w System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() 
w System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

What I missed in my configuration?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Piotr

Staff

Piotr,

Your workflow.config file and workflow.log file that corresponds to this attempt to launch standalone workflow would be helpful here. For sure the .config file.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,

Here you are

<configuration>
  <configSections>
  </configSections>

<appSettings>
  </appSettings>

<connectionStrings>
	<add name="ZRN_TEST" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.10.15/database1;User ID=USERID;Password=PASSWORD;Self Tuning=false" providerName="Intergraph.Emea.Data.OracleProvider" />
  </connectionStrings>

<unity>
        <typeAliases>
        </typeAliases>
        <containers>
    		<container>
    			<types>
    			</types>
    		</container>
        </containers>
  </unity>
</configuration>
Contributor

Is it correct that  Version=15.0.0.0 ? Shouldn't be 16 ?

But the same is in C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient\Program\Workflows\Workflow.config .

Regards.

Piotr

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.