Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Offline workflow synchronization behavior after unsuccessful sync

Hi all,

I have tried the behavior of synchronization data from offline mode in case that previous synchronization was unsuccessful and I have a few question.

If the synchronization fails, XML files (one file = one geometry element) are saved into C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Intergraph\SmartClient\profiles\GMSC\[GMSCUserName]\[ProbablyProjectName]\offline\synchronize\

But I would expect there will be another attempt to synchronize these files during next synchronization, but it looks these files are ignored during next sync.

Is there a way how to force the sync of these files? I can imagine the situation, that synchronization fails for any reason and user losts the data.

I can't see any information about this in the documentation.

Thank you & regards,

Jakub

Staff

Re: Offline workflow synchronization behavior after unsuccessful sync

Hi Jakub,

I went back to my GMSC v14 note on Offline Synchronization, I was under the impression that the offline features are validated (geometry) through the server validation result dialog which also allows user to edit or discard the bad geometry.  At the end of the Offline Synchronization process, the "offline-feature-cache" will be deleted.   I assume those xml files are left on the cache folder as a result of an unsuccessful sync, and it might be a bit difficult for GMSC to deal with these offline cache since it may not be possible to determine the exact point of failure and things like which feature is being processed when the process failed, which features are synchronized and which features are not synchronized.

I will check with development to see how GMSC v15 deals with cached xml files after a failed sync.

Stay tuned.

Regards,

Frank 

Staff

Hi Jakub,

Comment from development is that GMSC v15 is behaving the same as v14: an successful offline sync will cause data loss.

Regards,

Frank

Frequent Contributor

Ok Frank,

thank you for your input. This is the worst /crisis/ scenario (database fail or something similar). I think there could be a way how to load the "lost" elements from XML files - write a custom java plugin, which sends the XML files to server and process it somehow on the server.

Thank you.

Jakub

Staff

Hi Jakub,

Since there is no guarantee to fully restore 'loss' data in such worst/crisis scenario, we just can't give user a tool that do half the job. 

Regards,

Frank

New Contributor

Hi

any update on these being handled in the latest version?

Occasional Contributor

is there any way to load these "lost" element from xml files?

because currently i'm facing the same issue

Visitor

I really wish that this tools exist..

As I have lots of 'loss' data xml files. (caused by trigger error not data error)

By looking inside the files, I thought I can insert manually into the database..

But when it comes to the geometry columns.. I'm lost..

example:

<GdoGeometry>wv/SD7yMzxGr3ggANgG3aQIAAADsUbheufYmQS/dJAZTyBZBAAAAAAAAAAB7pSxl9/YmQTqSy3OIyBZBAAAAAAAAAAA=</GdoGeometry>

How am I supposed to translate this into database insert query..?

A colleague of mine created similar thread here --> http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-GeoMedia-Smart-Client/Insert-Geometry-Data-from-XM...

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.