Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Print layout - problem with using SQL placeholder

Hi,

In GMSC2016 I'm trying to make my print layout containing some sql fields.

So I've configured in GMSCPrintLayoutEditor a new layout, containig Graphic element. Then I've configured this graphic element to be Sql placeholder. But when I'm trying to show layout from application, my Graphic element content contains "WRONG IMAGE PATH" text only.

Moreover if I open placeholder for edition, all database configuration settings are empty.

What to do to make it working? 

printLayoutError.png

Staff

Re: Print layout - problem with using SQL placeholder

the image path must be a resolvable http path. If you are using sql placeholder I guess you are loading a different image dynamically based on some selection. The result of the query must be anyway the path to the image. 

Another option is to use an Image placeholder configured in the administrator: in this case the same image will be loaded for all the users.

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

Ok, so sql placeholder is not for getting data from database but for getting file url address from database.

But is it possible to get some data from database using sql and putting it into layout? 

Staff

sql placeholder is intended to run queries to the database. The type or result depends on the element you are configuring: an Image needs a path, a text can be any string returned by the query.

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

Ok, but where can I define sql query for Text element? Graphic elements are visible in Print layout properties (I mean Print Values tab), while Text elements are not visible there.

Staff

you have to create a custom placeholder and then configure it in the print layout within GMSC Administrator.

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ok, my problem was that I didn't know that to create such custom placeholder I need to fill my Text field value as {CUSTOM.placeholdername}.

Thanks for help.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.