Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Public Maps - Add WMS

Hi,

This is somehow related with : 

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GeoMedia-Smart-Client/Cannot-CreateSymbols-with-Custom-Ex...

I wonder how to add a WMS into Public maps?

Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems that you cannot do add a WMS into Public Maps via GMSC Administrator as you only can add a WMTS as Base Map. Also, you are not able to add a feature as WMS only geometric features are allowed.

Although, I wonder if Javascript API allows you to add a wms layer into the map.

Thank you.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Public Maps - Add WMS

you can add wms not an issue please share your WMS url i can help you better i attached the image you can follow that may be it will helpful to you

Frequent Contributor

You have to change the FeatureLoader to "live".

Then the request to the WMS is done by WebMap (which has to be running on the GMSC-server) and the GMSC-server will add the image from the WMS to the other features added to the PublicMaps-MapView.

regards

Wolfgang

Frequent Contributor

Hi Ammar,

This is an example on how to add to GMSC . My question is about adding to PublicMaps

Capture.PNG

I added a WMS feature called Road WMS but I can't add on Public Maps even if I change the feature loader to 'live' as Wolfgang suggested.

Thank you

New Contributor

@ePascoal wrote:

Hi,

This is somehow related with : 

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GeoMedia-Smart-Client/Cannot-CreateSymbols-with-Custom-Ex...

I wonder how to add a WMS into Public maps?

Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems that you cannot do add a WMS into Public Maps via GMSC Administrator as you only can add a WMTS as Base Map. Also, you are not able to add a feature as WMS only geometric features are allowed.

Although, I wonder if Javascript API allows you to add a wms layer into the map.

Thank you.

the request to the WMS is done by WebMap (which has to be running on the GMSC-server) and the GMSC-server will add the image from the WMS to the other features added to the PublicMaps-MapView.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.