Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff
Accepted Solution

SVG Graphic Size in relation to the size on the map

I need to symbolize 2 objects on the map to the exact size of 3m.

For this, I have a rectangular symbol in SVG of the size of 30mm width x 15mm height and another one of 30x10mm that I uploaded to the Administrator. The symbols were made with Inkscape.

In the GMSC Administrator I used m as Unit and set the graphic size on 3.

Well, my symbol was a bit more than 9m (original:30x10mm) and the other around 6m (original:30x15mm) on the map. Does anyone know the relation between the size of the original SVG-file and how it is draw on the map?

Do I need a square symbol?

I cannot go on doing trial-and-error work to assign the right size to the different symbols.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: SVG Graphic Size in relation to the size on the map

I can confirm that with a square SVG-file, the scaling works as expected: ones enter 3 and m and the symbol appears in the size of 3m on the map.

Even if your symbol is not square, just save your SVG file with the same height as width.

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.