Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Save Geometries Error

Hi

This might be a very basic issue, but as it is the first time I'm doing a project against an Oracle Database and at the same time switched to 2016, I am unsure what the cause might be. 

I've setup project more or less (except Oracle connections) like previous projects but when capturing new geometries I get the following error on save. This happens for points, areas and lines. 

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Save Geometries Error

Hi,

I have no problems with editing/creating of new features in GMSC 2016 with Oracle DB, I attached my WF files maybe this helps.

simple editing/creating WF

Regards,

Jakub

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks Jakub..

I don't see anything remarkably different from what we are doing. 

Maybe its something about how the feature or geometry is setup.. Not sure.

New Contributor

Did you find a solution to this problem?

I am having the same issue with a https sql server config.

This looks like an MVC Controller problem.

Everything is set to modify, the features check out, editing works, but creating a new row is giving me a 500 error to the workflow location, and this is what appears when you look it up in the browser.

Contributor

We did manage to get this working, but I'm not a 100% sure what fixed it. It was one of those where you just try different things.

If I remember correctly it was a database problem where the Guid Primay Key didn't get created or saved properly. We had a SP creating the New Id/GUID but didn't handle it correctly in the Workflow. 

Sorry I can't be of more help - if I remember anything else I'll repost. - Unfortunately don't have access to that site anymore.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.