Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Save form field value when persisted mode is false

Hi,

I have a data entry form in my workflow. The form is bounded to a table. All the fields correspond to columns of the table. However for 2 fields 'Updated By' and 'Updated Date', I set persisted mode is false (these fields non editable). So, that I am not able to save these 2 fields. Please let me know, how I can save these 2 fields on save. For updated By, I am trying to save USER.NAME.

Thanks & Regards,
Anil

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Save form field value when persisted mode is false

If you set persisted to false it means the field is not synchronized with a corresponding column in your database. In other words: It doesn't read the value of this field from database and it also doesn't write on save.

Where do you want to save your values to?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a normal standard data entry form with save action.

Along with the form data that the user updates, I also want to autoupdate 'UpdatedUser' and 'UpdatedDate' into the same table when the user clicks save.

What is the best approach to accomplish this?

Regards,

Anil

Staff

hi,

you have to set persisted="true" together with override="true" and set a proper value for defaultvalue. As an alternative you can always use a trigger to set a specific value after you posted data back.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Hi Stefano,

For the 'UpdatedBy' field, I set default value as {USER.NAME}. Persistance='true' and override='true'. 

But everytime when form loads, it shows value from database instead of default value.

Regards,

Anil

Staff

hi Anil,

I guess it's a bug, please open a support ticket.

In then meantime you can quickly do the same using a trigger.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Hi Stefano,

It is working now. I made visible mode of the field to false and now the override is working.

However, we would like to try other way you suggested - using the post back trigger.

I made a sql trigger to update 'UserName' and 'Date'. How do you call this trigger after user clicks save. Because by default, save action updates the form data to the database and form closes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anil

Staff

it depends on the type of aciton you are using:

• if it is a simple save or IG.captureGeometry you can use an after trigger
  • if it is any script action you would need to use an action trigger and call the IG.trigger method in your scripting action

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Technical Evangelist

It seems like the "override" behavior is by design - it will work only together with visible="false". See the note for override e.g. here:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/rMZAmliqhWp7LKakCy9Pig/692seVmG8XBykyuPwNA11g

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Thanks Stefano and Jan,

We are able to save 'UpdatedBy' and 'UpdatedBy' by setting visible='false' persistence='true' and set default value for field.

Also, as Stefano suggested write a sql trigger to update the fields with 'after' mode.

Also, we are able to do the same by calling a trigger with default save as below:

IG.submit('Form','Save').done(function(result){IG.trigger({triggerNames:['trgUpdateDate']})}).

Thanks & Regards,

Anil

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.