Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Smart Client geometry updates not always reflecting in SQL Spatial

Hi,

I am doing some testing in Smart Client, and notice when adding vertices to a line in Smart Client, these changes do reflect in SQL Spatial, but

at some point however, the SQL side removes the inner vertices. So if I look at the line in SQL the next day, it will be a 2 point line again, yet in Smart Client/Geomedia it is a composite line.

I know modification log triggers are required for SQL Spatial changes to reflect geometry changes in Geomedia/Smart Client, but this is going the other way.

Do I require any other specific triggers for Geomedia into SQL Spatial?

I am testing a SQL Spatial trigger I built to move the endpoint of a pipe so that it is snapped to a pit that has been moved, but if SQL Spatial treats a composite line as a 2 point line it will be a problem.

Regards,

Josh

Contributor

Re: Smart Client geometry updates not always reflecting in SQL Spatial

Sorry, after all of that I realised a trigger in SQL Server was enabled somehow. I might just remove it.

Sorted.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.