Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Spatial filter

Hi,

In my GMSC 2016 application I have got two users: User1, User2 and two areas: Area1, Area2. My questions are:

1.I have a workflow that shows list of Areas.I want User1 to be able to modify only Area1, and User2 to modify Area1 and Area2. I'm trying to configure it using workflow filter field, but I'm not sure Is it a recommended way. Should I create two groups (Area1Group and Area2Group) or maybe rather to roles (Area1Role, Area2Role)?

2.Is it possible to filter spatial data(presented in map view) to show only  features accesible for curent user?

Staff

Re: Spatial filter

Hi,

1. the way to do it is completely up to you, it mainly depends on requirements 
  2. this is session filter

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

Stefano,

The session filter functionality in GMSC seems very powerful but lacks examples/documentation. Are there any how-to videos or tutorials demonstrating the different ways this functionality can be used?

Thanks,

Colin

Staff

Hi Colin,

there is not that much to say, you can basically use any session variable to filter the map content. Here are a few examples:

Capture.PNG

As you can see in the screenshot above you can also build your own extension and bind it in the settings.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.