Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Technical Evangelist
Accepted Solution

Support for reports not based on workflow forms?

Hi,

Is the possibility to use reports in GMSC supported if the reports don't have any relation with the form (i.e., no form field / row field is being used in the report) but are complelety based on direct connection to the database, specified directly in the report designer?

I've done some tests, and the reports are working fine (as far as I can see from the preview in the designer), but when I insert the reference to the report in a workflow list and try to run it, I always get errors.

Tks in advance.

BRs,

Nuno

Staff

Re: Support for reports not based on workflow forms?

Hi Nuno,

I don't think it is supported. Can you maybe use session variables instead of a direct connection?

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial

I don't believe this is supported as

1. The reporting functionality in GMSC was specifically included for GMSC related data.
  2. In general all data has to be in regards to GMSC features (thus related to the workflow forms) and we don't support direct connection to the database.
Technical Evangelist

Hi,

Hi thought that, but wanted to be sure.

If the direct connection to the database is not supported, the inclusion of charts is not suported also, considering that in the designer whe we try to include a chart the first thing requested is the data source (from a database). I'm I right, or there is another way to include charts in reports?

Tks,

Nuno

Staff

The only way to integrate a chart is using a FormMap with a feature styled as any supported chart symbology.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.