Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor

Supported browser versions for standalone workflow with public maps

I have not found a document indicating which browsers and oldest browser versions are supported by standalone workflows with public maps.

In particular desktop and mobile browsers:

• Mozilla
  • Chrome
  • Safari

thanks

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Supported browser versions for standalone workflow with public maps

Hi Shaun,

I have tested it on Chrome and Firefox (both on Windows and Android), Edge and Internet Explorer 11 with no issues. I've never tried Safari.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Super Contributor

Re: Supported browser versions for standalone workflow with public maps

Thanks, I ran up a basic test environment and observed:

• FormMapViewer FormAction (activatePolygonDraw()) would work on desktop browsers but not on iPad or iPhone browsers (chrome and safari). click on the formAction and nothing would happen.
  • On iphone 6 portrait if there where multiple tabs only 3 would show. (Can reasonably design around - if targetting mobile probably want to avoid tabs anyway)
    • Took a little while to realise whereto click on mobile device to show the tabs. Nice once worked it out.
  • FormMapViewer was longer than iphone 6 screen - not too hard to work with but had to know to pull up/down on the right of the screen.

In general I was happy with responsive nature of the workflow on the mobile devices. Just wasn't sure if issues like above would be covered by support if a project proceeded.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.