Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Symbology:: Orient text layer to geometry

Symbology > Expert mode > new Text Layer

I want to style "Labet-text" value by orienting to Geometry like in Geomedia Desktop. Is there a way to achive that.

Currently I see only Line end, Line start, vertex & midpoint in geometry function which doesn't work from me.

Ver: GMSC 15

Staff

Re: Symbology:: Orient text layer to geometry

what is the original geometry of the feature? is this a text or point feature class or are you trying to create a label for a polygon or line feature?

In general with a point should be already oriented according to the geometry. If this is not the case it might be the geometry type is not supported. What you can then do, as a workaround, is to create an additional column and store there the computed orientation. Then you just have to use the rotation setting in the style using that column.

To label a line or polygon you can use the "align" setting, or again a specifc rotation (fixed or from the database).

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Contributor

The geometry is Polygon in this case.

I forgot to mention that I had this idea of maintaining the dynamic value in seperate column, but we have only read rights on the feature table.

If this workaround is the only way left, then can I work with a view on top of that feature class that has this extra db field evaluated in it?

Staff

I don't know how you calculate the orientation of a polygon, but yes, the only way would be using a view on top of it.

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.