Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Symbology with dashed hatch fill

Hi!

I want to create a polygon symbolizer with a hatch fill, but the hatch lines should be dashed.

Any ideas?

Wolfgang

Staff

Re: Symbology with dashed hatch fill

Hi Wolfgang,

I dont believe this is possible in the Hatch Fill. At least not using the default Polygon Symbolizer.

Contributor

What do you mean by "At least not using the default Polygon Symbolizer."?

Is there any wya to create a custom symbolizer? How?

regards

Wolfgang

Staff

Hi Wolfgang,

I simply mean to say that given the default options in the symbolizer this dashed hatch fill is not option that can be set in the GUI.

Contributor

Is there a possibility by manually editing the XML?

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Wolfgang,

no, that's not possible. The HatchFill element is a custom FillType element which provides only a limited stroke styling functionality.

In the end the HatchFill creates an internal image which will be used for the texture of a polygon.

If you need a dashed stroke texture, then please use the GraphicFillType and create your own texture.

It makes sense to use a SVG for that.

Best Regards,

Steve

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.