Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SMC
Contributor
Accepted Solution

The MapService returns an Internal Server Error

Hi All,

I am having a lot of trouble viewing a raster data set in Smart Client 2016.

The data (raster) views perfectly in GeoMedia (Essentials) 2016.

The error message I am getting in Smart Client is as folllows:

08-Dec-2016 22:02:05 SEVERE: The following tile can't be loaded because of an exception! [OnlineFeatureTile[feature=99, identifier=000051, bounds=[331762.77,373311.90,332662.88,372659.32]]]    --> [pool-14-thread-8] com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call
java.io.IOException: The MapService returns the following status code: 500 The MapService returns an Internal Server Error.
 at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.handleHttpResponse(LiveDataLoader.java:266)
 at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.download(LiveDataLoader.java:202)
 at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.processTile(LiveDataLoader.java:116)
 at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:66)
 at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:60)
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
08-Dec-2016 22:02:05 FINEST: MapRenderer => used time: 5    --> [AWT-EventQueue-2] com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.GRenderEngine.render
08-Dec-2016 22:02:05 FINEST: create tile '000052' in feature '99'    --> [pool-14-thread-1] com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.ReaderAdapter.startSheet
08-Dec-2016 22:02:05 FINEST: MapRenderer => used time: 8    --> [AWT-EventQueue-2] com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.GRenderEngine.render

Some background information on the dataset is:

1) It is a SQL Server 2016 database

2) The feature table is called GEOMEDIARASTER and has the following structure

[ID1] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL
 [Geometry] [image] NULL
 [Geometry_XLO] [float] NULL
 [Geometry_YLO] [float] NULL
 [Geometry_XHI] [float] NULL
 [Geometry_YHI] [float] NULL

3) The raster file is a TIF file

4) I have configured (connected) to this data set using the following information:

Datasource: SqlServer

Coordinate System: 29903

Geometry Field: GEOMETRY

Type: Raster

Feature Loader: Live

Output Type: PNG

Has anyone any idea what I am doing wrong here?

I assume that you can connect directly to a GeoMedia database from Smart Client to render Rasters?

Regards,

Simon

Technical Evangelist

Re: The MapService returns an Internal Server Error

Hi Simon,

When you created the Feature using database connection then SmartClient uses SQL Spatial data, not GeoMedia's GDO. Native SQL spatial formats don't have direct support for storing rasters or at least not in the way GeoMedia does.

Try creating Access Library with the raster legends and import this library into GMSC. I don't want to be wrong here but I saw Administrator's screenshot with raster legend entries that came from the Access library.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Do you get any messages in InstalDir\Maps\Log\MapService.log (as your client log only says internal server error)?

Regards

Carmen

SMC
Contributor

Hi All,

I couldn't figure it out but it did look like it was making sql server spatial calls when it should not have been. I then put the raster feature in an access database and it can be accessed correctly via Smartclient.

To me, if I select sql server and set the feature type to raster then the system should pick up to use the gdo side of things vs the ado side.

This is obviously a bug?

Regards,
Simon
Staff

Simon,

the SQL server dataserver in GeoMedia does not use spatial objects provided by SQL Server. It uses only GDO metadata and gometry stored in a blob. If you want to be able to use the data in both GM and GMSC you must use SQL Server Spatial connection in GM. Even with this you should always consider GeoMedia still uses GDO metadata, while GMSC considers only database metadata.

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
SMC
Contributor

Hi All,

I will close this one off but the way I got the Rasters rendering was to use an access database for the raster dataset Vs using a SQL Server one (even though the SQL Server database was a pure non SQL Spatial one, with correct metadata, with the rasters rendering correctly in GeoMedia - they would not render in Smart Client (as it (smart client) was making SQL Spatial calls to the geometry field))

You also need to install the Raster Patch for 2016 or the rasters will appear in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Regards,

Simon

Staff

Simon,

I don't understand where the problem stays. GMSC cannot connect to a non spatial SQL Server database. GM handles things in its own way,  using blob geometry and custom metadata. If you want to display features from SQL Server in GMSC you have to create them in GM by using SQL Server Spatial dataserver.

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.