Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jai
Contributor

Two GMSC configured to same database

Hi Team,

We have two GMSC Server installed on two different machine, using same database user. Both GMSC Server also share the shared location for cache/warehouse.

When we publish a job from one of the GMSC Administrator for cache, same job get's picked up by both the GMSC Tile server installed on both the GMSC Server.

Is there any way to inform second GMSC Server that data has been already cached/picked for cache, so that other machine take another job for cache?

Note: It's regarding cached feature caching.

Thanks,

Jai Ram

Re: Two GMSC configured to same database

Hello Jai

The Tile service query the database looking for jobs and since the 2 servers are accessing the same server, and I assume using the same connection parameters, the only way to have only one tile server create the tiles is to stop the tile service on one of your servers so only one of the servers is responsible for creating the tiles.

Another option may be, and I have not tried this, is to use 2 different user names in your GMSC connections from your server and control which see the publish tables base on the user.

Again, this is just a thought and I don't know if it is possible.

Marc

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.