Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Upgrading GMSC version 2015 to 2016

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I was unsuccessful with the updating from GMSC 2015 to 2016 - after upgrade I get the error 500.19 (log4net section duplicated). First I wanted to try the usual way via button Upgrade from the installation of GMSC 2016, next try I will do the deinstallation of 2015 a installation of the GMSC 2016

Am I wrong somewhere?

UPDATE: What is the worst thing, if you try to do upgrade as above and then you want to do uninstallation, it just uninstall 2016 files, but there is no more chance, how to remove 2015 files and if you try to install 2016 then ... you get something like below when you try to load GMSC, because it probably installs 2016 over 2015 version but withou removing previous content.

UPDATE2: If you are in the situatuon that you need to manually remove folders with GMSC, it is not so easy, because System process locks some fonts from GMSC folders and it is not possible to delete them until you remove them from registry LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > Fonts, then restart machine and you can delete the GMSC folder

Regards,

Jakub

Staff

Re: Upgrading GMSC version 2015 to 2016

Hi Jakub,

sorry for issues you are encountering. I've upgraded my installation with no particular problems. What I would suggest in general for the upgrade is to make a backup of your GMSC "Program" folder, then remove it and install 2016. At the end of the installation test admin and then merge the workflows and custom content you have from 2015.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Upgrading GMSC version 2015 to 2016

I got the excat same problems (same order). I could solve it the way Stefano mentioned, with deinstalling GMSC, renaming the GMSC Programm folder and doing a complete new installation of 2016.

GBI Kommunale Infrastruktur GmbH & Co. KG | Germany
Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.