Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Workflow - Edit geometry failing : Unexpected exception: Input string was not in a correct format.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have this workflow that is created to enable users to edit a geometry of a specific feature. I already built some workflows already. I don't know why this specific workflow is failing. 

Please note that this was working before.

Capture.PNG

The ID is the primary key for the feature I want to edit.

When I click on my action button ‘Modify’ it simply doesn’t trigger the native GMSC geometry editor functionality as it was expected.

I am getting the following error on SmartClient:

11/06/2019 5:49:39 PM INFO:	NOTINIT --> BOOTING				--> [main] com.intergraph.web.core.kernel.SmartClientKernel.setStatus
11/06/2019 5:49:39 PM FINEST:	[JAXB] JAXBContext.newInstance				--> [pool-2-thread-1] com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.style.SymbologyEncodingFactory.<init>
11/06/2019 5:55:16 PM SEVERE:	null				--> [AWT-EventQueue-0] com.intergraph.web.plugin.edit.EditPlugin.prepareForEdit
com.sun.xml.ws.fault.ServerSOAPFaultException: Client received SOAP Fault from server: The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error.  For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs. Please see the server log to find more detail regarding exact cause of the failure.
	at com.sun.xml.ws.fault.SOAP11Fault.getProtocolException(SOAP11Fault.java:193)
	at com.sun.xml.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder.createException(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:128)
	at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.StubHandler.readResponse(StubHandler.java:253)
	at com.sun.xml.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(DatabindingImpl.java:206)
	at com.sun.xml.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(DatabindingImpl.java:293)
	at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:119)
	at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:92)
	at com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:161)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy81.getGeometry(Unknown Source)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.edit.EditSettings.getGeometriesToEdit(EditSettings.java:277)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.edit.EditPlugin.prepareForEdit(EditPlugin.java:494)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.edit.EditPlugin.startEdit(EditPlugin.java:459)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.edit.SynchronousEditScriptingObject$1.run(SynchronousEditScriptingObject.java:103)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

And in the server I am catching the following error:

11.06.2019 19:13:43 ERROR - Unexpected exception: Input string was not in a correct format.
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
   at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at System.ConvertExtension.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at Intergraph.Emea.SmartClient.Data.DefaultGeometryContext.<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<_Get>b__0(Object f)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Intergraph.Emea.SmartClient.Data.DefaultGeometryContext._Get(Object[] geometryIdentifiers, FeatureMetadata featureMetadata, IDatabaseProvider dbProvider, DbConnection dbConnection, DbTransaction dbTransaction)
   at Intergraph.Emea.SmartClient.Data.DefaultGeometryContext.Get(Object[] geometryIdentifiers, FeatureMetadata featureMetadata)
   at Intergraph.Emea.SmartClient.Services.GeometryService.GetGeometry(GeometryRequest request)
   at SyncInvokeGetGeometry(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Don't know what input string is refering when it is mentioned System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Not sure what I’m missing here any suggestion would be great. Let me know any other Information I may look at.

Thank you

Super Contributor

Re: Workflow - Edit geometry failing : Unexpected exception: Input string was not in a correct forma

Having a look at this offine worked out following:

• 2 features 2718 (table) and 2719 (non-editable view)  involved
  • 1 workflow Editform involved

Workflow editform would be initiated from feature 2719.

Workflow editform would then edit geometry using feature 2718.

feature 2718, 2719 and workflow editform had different Key fields set.

One keyfield ID was numeric. One keyfield account was string.

While checking offline I didn't observe the specific error, would make sense if an component expecting a number insted recieved a string (or reverse) would lead to such an error.

After updating both features and the workflow to all use the same keyfield seems to be working (still under test).

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.