Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

download project and start in 64bit

Hi everybody

I have a problem with starting GMSC in 64 bit. I read about starting it via command line in 64bit in this post http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-GeoMedia-Smart-Client/Java-32-x-64-bit/m-p/6540 but that is not really a nice solution if you have clients that have to download the newer version of GMSC from time to time. I tried different browsers (64 and 32bit versions) and I have installed both versions of java on my computer. No matter which version of the browser I use it always starts GMSC in 32bit mode. Is there a way to ensure that GMSC can be downloaded and started directly in 64bit mode from any browser?

Regards

Carmen

Highlighted
Staff

Re: download project and start in 64bit

Hi Carmen,

the choosen version does not depend on the browser, it depends on windows settings. There is a post here which says it depends on PATH and JAVA_HOME variables and file associations. It might be relevant the order you installed Java on your system.

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.