Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

wms connection in GMSC 15 results in empty tiles

Hi

We tried to connect a WMS in GMSC 15 (using WebMap WMS connection). Instead of having the raster, it only displays an empty layer. I checked all log files from GMSC and GWM and they all having no errors. In GWMCache I can find a new tile (jpeg or png), but it is empty. I have no idea why there is no data in it. I already checked the parameters in GWMLog and they look fine (scale, layername, EPSG, bbox...). Any ideas what else it could be or where I can make additional checks?

Installation: GMSC 15 + EP1, GWM 15

URL of WMS: http://wms.geo.bs.ch/wmsBS?SERVICE=WMS

Layername (According to GeoMedia naming): Stadtplan_farbig_10000

GeoMedia is displaying the WMS without problems.

By the way, I also checked it in GMSC 16 and I'm also not able to display this layer. I've got an error message:

javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
 - with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 14; columnNumber: 13; Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.]

It seems that the character 'Ö' in the abstract tag is causing the problem.

Any hints are appreciated.

Regards

Carmen

Contributor

Re: wms connection in GMSC 15 results in empty tiles

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: wms connection in GMSC 15 results in empty tiles

The issue in Version 15 was due to a wrong coordinate system information in the project csf. After replacing this csf it works now.

Regards

Carmen

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.