Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff
Accepted Solution

Alias for Attributes

Hi Community

Is it possible to define alias for Attributes to be shown in the Data Table in GeoMedia? I couldn't find any option. But perhaps I'm overlooking something.

Thanks in advance for your hints!

Cristina

Contributor

Re: Alias for Attributes

[ Edited ]

You can do ti with Attribute Selection 

Here is in Geomedia Help

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/ki_GPZlodrSliMrTS2wsPQ/HPxyhOaCZt7sspXBbLWSsg

I hope to be helpful

Regards 

Staff

Hi Cristina.

You can use the "Selection" command that is present in Analysis tab and rename the attributes.

This creates a new query and you should use that query in the Data Window.

BR

Regular Contributor

Hi Cristina

In the dialog Attribute Selection (and other dialogs) you have the button 'Rename'.

Best regards

hesrah

Staff

Actually, I was thinking of the possibility to define an alias for the attributes which is shown in the data table, without having to rename it. So an attribute would have both a "name" which is the actual name in the database and an "alias" which is the attribute name shown in the data table. But anyways I'm happy with the "selection > rename" function Smiley Happy

Thanks all for your inputs!

Technical Evangelist

Hi Cristina,

I believe Manage Data > Categories is exactly what you are looking for.

Pavel

Staff

Yes, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks, Pavel!

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.