Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Divide a line into segments

Dear all,

I want to divide a line into certain distance segments (e.g. each 20 m) 

I found the 'Proportion Geometry' tool but it apply only number of segments then I can edit each segment,

so what I have to do if I have a very long line which should be segmented into many segments?

Best Regards,

Khaled

Staff

Re: Divide a line into segments

Frequent Contributor

Thanks RolandK,

I see the following link

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Shared-Samples/Generate-Line-Markers/ta-p/10184

but I can't find the functional attribute "GENEVENTS" in the list of functions, I am using GeoMedia 16 build 20059.

Staff

The post that related to GENEVENTS was not mine. It seems to indicate It requires a custom functions package, available to HGDN subscribers by the author

I was refering to later part where i posted a method using some Functional Attributes:

Densify a line so that a uniform distance (ie 50m) is maintained between points, except for corner vertices using functional attributes.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.