Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error while importing table from directly from database into geomedia. "invalid recordset"?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Here is what I have done.

Created a new database with a Geomedia user with permissions for read and write.

Using Database utilities I was able to create metadata tables and have inserted feature class metadada.

On geomedia I establish a database connection and when I try to add a new legend entry it  shows :

Error creating a legend entry for {my table}. The input recordset is invalid.

What I am missing here? Where can I check error logs on geomedia?

Technical Evangelist

Re: Error while importing table from directly from database into geomedia. "invalid recordset&q

It would be good to specify at least the database type. If you want to get really helpful answer, you might also consider inserting DDL of how the table was created. In case of PostGIS, also list of extensions loaded into that database would be useful.

Pavel

Contributor

Re: Error while importing table from directly from database into geomedia. "invalid recordset"

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your contribution. No unfortunately is not PostGIS which I prefer much more. In fact it is a Microsoft SQL Server 13 Standard. I have several databases and this feature is a view existing on one database but relates to other database. I have others database in this same server working fine.

The view that I created works fine which is the same from other table that actual works on geomedia. Returns all the values and shows all spatial information. It should be something related on this database creation or permissions, not sure.

Not a clue on what is failing here. I was looking for some error log or something where I could have a hint on what is going on here.

Technical Evangelist

Re: Error while importing table from directly from database into geomedia. "invalid recordset&q

Hi,

unfortunately there is no log for MS SQL connection in GeoMedia. You can use the MS SQL profiler to monitor the server traffic, although I have some doupts that it would help in this case. Have you followed all the instructions given in GeoMedia > Help > Overview of GeoMedia > Using SQL Server (Spatial) Connections > Working with SQL Server (Spatial) > Views and Join Views?

Pavel

Contributor

Re: Error while importing table from directly from database into geomedia. "invalid recordset&a

Thank you Pavel for your contribution on this.

It seems that the problem was related with some previledges were missing on specific geometry functions:

It is already working now.

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.