Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Technical Evangelist
Accepted Solution

Export point feature to Shapefile

Hi,

The geomedia command to export to shapefile, when using point feature classes, is generating geometry colletions and not simple points.

Does anyone knows if this was always like that or if it is a bug of the recent versions. And is there any workaround to avoid that.

tks in advance.

Technical Evangelist

Re: Export point feature to Shapefile

I have exported Cities feature class from USSampleData.mdb, and it does not look like a geometry collection. Perhaps your original point data is already a collection.

Pavel

Staff

[ Edited ]

Hello nalves, I believe GeoMedia by default has always handled this in this manner. It can be altered in the registry.

Forcing Export of Point Features as Point/PointZ Shape Type

To force the export of point features as Point instead of the default MultiPoint you can add/edit the registry entry.

Use 'regedit' to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\(Wow6432Node)\SOFTWARE\Intergraph\Applications then create a new entry if not existing already with a DWORD entry of "AVExportPointAsPointShape" with a value set to 1 (non-zero).

Technical Evangelist

Hi Pavel,

No. I've tested it with diferent datasets, including the usssampledata, and i always get the result as a geometrycollection.

Technical Evangelist

Hi,

I'll do the test.

tks.

Technical Evangelist

You are right, it is indeed a collection.

Technical Evangelist

Hi,

I already had that key in the registry, with the value 0.

I've changed it to, but the default value persists (export points as geometry colections)!

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi,

Correction to my last post.

In fact after changing the registry key it worked, but I had also to run the GeoMedia Desktop Configuration Wizard.

Thanks.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.