Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Export to AutoCad file with attributes as extended data in GeoMedia, how to check the result

Hi team,

I am using the Export to AutoCad in GeoMedia. The attribute export mode is exporting them as extended data. I just wonder how I can check the result?

Appreciate all suggestions,

Kind regards,

Re: Export to AutoCad file with attributes as extended data in GeoMedia, how to check the result

Hi Bob,

maybe just create a new GWS and try to read the exported data back into GeoMedia? You may need to create the csd file.

Pavel

Super Contributor

Re: Export to AutoCad file with attributes as extended data in GeoMedia, how to check the result

Hi Pavel,

Thank for looking into this issue. I am pretty new to this, so would you mind explaining a little bit more details, please?

Kind regards,

Highlighted
Staff

The AutoCAD scanner for the CAD data server in GeoMedia does not support serving 'extended data' attributes, so it is not possible to review the attributes by connecting to the exported data from within a GeoWorkspace.

However within the AutoCAD application itself you should be able to read 'Extended Data' attributes exported from the 'Export to AutoCAD' command using the following command line AutoLISP routine:

(entget (car (entsel)) '("GEOMEDIA"))

When this line is submitted from the ‘Command’ prompt in AutoCAD you will be prompted to ‘Select object’. After selecting the desired element in the AutoCAD map view the attributes will be listed within the information returned for the selected entity.  An example is shown below for a Rivers feature that was exported with Extended Attributes from USSampleData.mdb to an AutoCAD .dwg.  As you can see the RIVER_NAME and RIVER_TYPE attribute names and associated values are included in the returned information.

((-1 . <Entity name: 7ee54108>) (0 . "INSERT") (330 . <Entity

name: 7ee52cf8>) (5 . "99") (100 . "AcDbEntity") (67 . 0) (410 . "Model") (8 .

"Rivers") (100 . "AcDbBlockReference") (2 . "0") (10 0.0 0.0 0.0) (41 . 1.0)

(42 . 1.0) (43 . 1.0) (50 . 0.0) (70 . 0) (71 . 0) (44 . 0.0) (45 . 0.0) (210

0.0 0.0 1.0) (-3 ("GEOMEDIA" (1005 . "6F") (1000 . "RIVER_NAME=Mississippi")

(1000 . "RIVER_TYPE=Perennial - Double Line") (1000 . "ID=37") (1000 . ""))))

Since this is AutoCAD functionality you may wish to refer to AutoDesk resources for additional information. Here is the link to the AutoDesk Knowledge Base…https://knowledge.autodesk.com/

Super Contributor

Hi Jmorris,

I am not sure it really works, I am using Visual Lisp Editor in AutoCad and I still can't find the extended data (Name and ID)

Exporting.png

I include the files here. Hopefully, you could have a look at them.

http://filetransfer.intergraph.com/workflow/GET/4LDLRXN6X4UQX6UB

Kind regards,

Staff

The command line should be submitted from the command prompt within the AutoCAD application after opening the DWG file containing the extended attribute (e.g. 'SETTLEMENT_ExtendData.dwg').

I'm not familiar with the Visual Lisp Editor, so I'm not sure what the result would be if using that functionality.

However the screenshot below shows the result when the command line is submitted from the command prompt within the AutoCAD application while the 'SETTLEMENT_ExtendData.dwg' is open.  The display of the extended attributes occurs after the feature is selected from the AutoCAD map view at the 'Select object:' prompt.

AutoCADExtendedAttributes.png

So the workflow is as follows:

1. Use the AutoCAD appliction to open the 'SETTLEMENT_ExtendData.dwg' drawing file.
  2. Fit the features to the map view so that they are visible (i.e. use View > Zoom > Extents)
  3. If the command line window is not visible use the shortcut key CTRL+9 to turn on the command line.
  4. Enter the (entget (car (entsel)) '("GEOMEDIA")) command line at the Command: prompt (as shown in the screenshot)
  5. The prompt 'Select object:' will appear in the command line window.
  6. Use the cursor to select one of the displayed features in the map view.
  7. The entity values for the selected feature will be displayed in the command line window (including the extended 'GEOMEDIA' attributes).

Hope this helps.

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.