Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Feature Cartographer - Master Template Editor - Grid Script - Neatline Text definition

[ Edited ]

Dear Community,

I am struggling with Feature Cartographer, Master Template editor tool and the Grid Script definition.

I am able to define the the grid, however I am not able to get the regular grid labels, meaning labels to each parallel and meridian. I tried various scripts for the XNeatline Text and YNeatline Text but I am not able to get the labels generated. I have no idea what I am doing wrong? Both the grid and the neatline text is defined for WGS84 and I would like to see the labels for each 1 degree of longitude / latitude.

I have also two additional questions that I am not able to solve:

1) how can I define the grid label format? For example if it would be like 50°15'30''N or N 50 15 30 or 50.2537 N etc...

2) how can I define my own style library that can be used with the master template? I am able to create my own .mdb style library but when I select it for the master template and try to use some of the styles for the grid script, no style is listed in the style list (see Grid_Script_Own_Style.png). I noticed that when I use the default JOGA style library, there are some Queries created for the defined styles and that these queries are then listed in the grid script style list, but I have no idea how to create such queries for my own style database?

Please find attached the master template (USSample_MasterTemplate.mdb) that I use for the grid generation, the default JOGA style library (JOGA_Library.mdb), the screenshots of the Marginal Generator settings (MarginalGenerator_p1-p3.jpg), the Coordinate System File (USSampleCS.csf) and the resulting outcome (FC_Grid_Script_Outcome.png). I am using the standard USSample warehouse for the testing purpose.

I would like to achive an outcome similar to the screenshot layout_grid_sample.png from the layout grid tool.

Thank you for any help!

Ondrej

Technical Evangelist

Re: Feature Cartographer - Master Template Editor - Grid Script - Neatline Text definition

Please log a ticket through Hexagongeospatial support community so an analyst can be assigned.

Hexagongeospatial support 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Feature Cartographer - Master Template Editor - Grid Script - Neatline Text definition

Hi,

I have one more question, regarding the NeatlineText grid script.

I am now able to generate the necessary properties for the grid lines and grid labels. However, the grid labels are always generated as "FC_Text_Line" property, which means it has a line geometry. When I open the property dialogue, I can see the STRING, FC_SYMID and NUMERIC_LABEL1 values populated, however the TEXT_LABEL1 and TEXT_LABEL2 values are empty (see the attached screenshot).

I am not able to find out, how to populate the TEXT_LABEL1 and TEXT_LABEL2 attributes? When I generate the NeatlineCornerText (point property), these attributes have already some values. Usually, the TEXT_LABEL1 is a formated latitude or longitude text and TEXT_LABEL2 defines whether the property is latitude or longitude (values 2X and 2Y etc). Can I get these values for the NeatlineText properties as well or are they for the point properties only?

The problem is that when I generate both XNeatlineText and YNeatlineText for some area, they both are under the "FC_Text_Line" legend entry and it is not possible to define separate styles for Latitude and Longitude labels, is it? If there would be the TEXT_LABEL2 values, it is possible to write a script, which would add W/E for longitude and N/S for latitude values, for example.

And a second question, does Feature Cartographer have any API, which could be controled from code (for automation purposes)?

Thanks for any help! I am not able to understand the proper workflow from the user documentation, unfortunatelly... Smiley Sad

Ondrej

Technical Evangelist

Please log a support ticket for these questions.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.