Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
FCS
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

GeoMedia Desktop 2015- Grid Analysis-Density/hotspot

Hi All,

Doing /learning the Interpolation Density tool and was wondering how can i bring my results in the legend on the layout window?

i can display my results in the layout but i want to add a legend explaining what the colours are... having a hard time figuring it out, any help or insight is much appreciated

Thanks.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: GeoMedia Desktop 2015- Grid Analysis-Density/hotspot

You can do this using a thematic legend entry for the raster layer.  After running Density Interpolation, you will have an entry on the map legend for the result.  If the layer contains 256 or less discrete values, a thematic legend entry will be automatically created for the layer.  If the result contains more than 256 values, then only a single legend entry will be created.  I expect your case is the latter, so you need to create a thematic legend entry for the layer.  To do this, you can run Grid > Layer > View Legend -or- Study Area > List > right-click on layer > View Legend.  On the View Legend dialog, select all the rows > right-click > Group by.  Fill in the Group Entries dialog or take the defaults and hit the Group button.  Now you’ll have a thematic legend entry in the map window for the layer.  Now you can show the layout window and then run Map and Marginalia > Insert Map.  After the map is inserted, select the map and then run Map and Marginalia > Insert Legend.  Hit OK on the Insert Legend dialog and place the legend in the map frame.

FCS
New Contributor

Re: GeoMedia Desktop 2015- Grid Analysis-Density/hotspot

Hi Orrin,

Thank you for that solution, i was heading in that direction but your description saved me tones of time, again thanks and hope this was useful for others... Cheers!

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.