Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

GeoMedia Desktop 2016 16.2 Styles load empty

Hello Everybody,

I'd like to ask your advise, am I missing somthing to load first ..?!

While open [Home > Legend > Styles]. it loads with empty, not like as in [Working with Styles in GeoMedia] eTraining

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GeoMedia/Working-with-Styles-in-GeoMedia/ta-p/510

Please see attachement

I'm using : GeoMedia Desktop 2016 (16.00.0000.20075) windows 10 Pro.

Thanks & Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Re: GeoMedia Desktop 2016 16.2 Styles load empty

Whether there are any named styles stored in the GeoWorkspace will hinge on (1) whether you or anyone else has created any there yourself; (2) whether there were some in the GeoWorkspace template used to create the GWS.  If you use the template normal.gwt when creating your GWS, you will get the most basic and empty of GWS files.  If you use either of the other delivered templates (StylesImperialUnits.gwt or StylesMetricUnits.gwt), you will see predefined styles within the GeoWorkspace.  If you used yet another template, your results will vary.  If you know all that already :-) and this is some other unusual situation, we would need to have more info.  - Hal

Contributor

Hi Hal,

I got your point, as I was use the template <normal.gwt> instead of (StylesImperialUnits.gwt or StylesMetricUnits.gwt),So I found predefined styles :-)

On the other hand, what if I need to import some styles/symbology from "esri" with format (file.style) like the attached one. is it applicable..?!

I think also if we change the file extension to (*.mdb) we can read the contents, So can we import into GemoMedia ..?!

Thanks in advance for your time,

Best Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Ahmed, there is no facility in GeoMedia for importing Esri style files.  - Hal

Contributor

and there is no any available workaround ..?!

Best Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.