Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

GeoMedia Desktop crashes when closing

Hi!

in a customers network I have the behaviour that GeoMedia Desktop 16.00.0000.01405 always crashes when closing.

They have some concurrent licenses and data (access-warehouses) on their server.

I tried to repair and reinstall GeoMedia, same behaviour.

I think there are problems with their network, especially when GeoMedia closes Warehouse-Connections - so everytime they close GeoMedia they get an error. Except of that everything works fine!

Any ideas to fix this? Any experiences?

Pavel? ;-)

Thanks!

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: GeoMedia Desktop crashes when closing

Hi Stefan,

it is quite difficult to guess from the given description. First of all, I would suggest to check whether they have some custom/application commands installed. If they don't run any command during the session, then check whether there is no startup command installed. If you find some commands, try to temporarily uninstall them to see whether the problem persists or not.

Also I would suggest to check whether the problem is caused by data and/or gws - so just create a new gws and new Access warehouse to see whether the problem persists. If yes, try also a local vs. server located Access database to see whether the problem may have something with network or not.

Pavel

Regular Contributor

Hi Pavel,

thank you for your ideas that's exactly what I needed, I will check that on monday when customer is available.

Regards

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Staff

Stefan

We had a two similar situations. The crash was being caused by a Custom Dataserver, it would connect,everything would work fine, but when the customer closed gws it would crash with an error.

When GM moved from 2014 to 2015 there were significant changes, some new dlls, this required some rewrite of dataserver, but we didn't trap this close during redevelopment/compilation.

The second issue is that althought the dataserver worked fine, a new dataset had changes slightly in data, although it appeared to work ok,

internally GM had issues, internal memory faults, was really hard to determine. But was due to this new data not being handled correctly.

Perhaps try to verify6 data in connection thoroughly

Roland

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.