Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

GeoMedia Licensing - Activation Ids

Dear Team, 

Hello I'm Dwima. 

Here I have a problem with licensing for GeoMedia. I installed GeoMedia, and then I activate the activation ID. Its success, and in the list of a license to be returned is existed, but when I run GeoMedia Professional, it still pops up this window for a license. Any advised what literally happened?

1. Success for activate the activation ID so it is a license to be returned. 

GeoMedia_license is exist in the list to be returned.jpeg

2. License doesn't appear in the Geospatial Licensing Administrator 

GeoMedia_license doesnt appear.jpeg

3. License doesn't read by C 

GeoMedia_license doesnt exist in C drive.jpeg

4. When I run the GeoMedia it still pops for license 

GeoMedia_GeoMedia still confirmed for a license.jpeg

Regards,

Dwima

Staff

Re: GeoMedia Licensing - Activation Ids

The Activation ID that you are using is for a concurrent license. This means that within Geospatial License Adminstrator the License Sources list should contain the node name of the license server (where you have activated the license). However I can see from your screenshot that the License Sources list contains a folder path, but no server name.  To add the server as a license source use the Licenses Administrator command View > Add Concurrent License Source. Once you've added the server name as a license source that name should appear in the License Sources list and the license should then be listed when you click on that specific license source name.

When you next start GeoMedia Professional you will of course need to enter the name of the license server (i.e. license source) in the Concurrent License Server field when the dialog appears prompting for that information (as shown in your last screenshot).

Note that since this is an Activation ID based license there is no actual license file, so there will be no .lic file present on disk. Thus, it is expected that the C:\Users\Public\Intergraph\Licenses folder would contain no license file.

Note that I would have expected to see a subfolder with the name 'Server' in that folder which does not appear to exist in your screenshot. I'm not certain, but this may be because you do not have the latest version of the Geospatial Licensing Administrator application installed. 

Regardless you may want to refer to the following Knowledge Base article titled 'How to install Geospatial Licensing Administrator 2018 and activate a concurrent 2018 license?' that includes instructions for installing the latest version of License Administrator.

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Licensing-Knowledge-Base/How-to-install-Geospatial-Licens...

If you continue to have issues please log a Licensing Support Ticket from the Licensing Portal.

Thanks.

Staff

Looks like your license service did not start properly.  Please contact support and provide the IntergraphLicensingService.log file that is located in C:\Users\Public\Intergraph\Licenses\ folder. 

The causes of the service not starting can vary.  Often you have some other service already using TCP PORT 27000 which is the port that the service will try to start on.  The support analyst may guide you to:

(a) Ensure that you have Geospatial Licensing 2018 (build 21 installed).

(b) Use License Administrator's, License > Deactivate / Return to return your activaiton id.

(c) In this step, the guidance of the suppor analyst is advised.  Use C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\Geospatial Licensing 2018\program\LMTools.exe to review existing license services; based on the review, you will probably need to delete any existing Intergraph Licensing Service that may be listed; then make appropatate edits to define a user defined tcp port via a simple .lic file that can be placed in C:\Users\Public\Intergraph\Licenses\Server folder.   Afterwards, use Licensing Administrator's, License > Activate again.  The activation should pickup the port defined in the simple .lic file in the Server folder.

Occasional Contributor

Hello, thank you for your advises guys. 

My Geospatial Licensing Administrator is the 2018 version. And as you guys advise to me, I add the concurrent source (computer name where I activate the license) and it appears for the source under pathname C:/... , and I tried to re-activate the license but its error. Here I attached the log file of license service. 

Regards,

Dwima

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Here the logfile, thank you Smiley Very Happy

Regards,

Dwima

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.