Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

GeoMedia Support for EPSG 31467

Since GeoMedia 16 there is a support for EPSG-Codes implemented.

I want to use EPSG Code 31467 for my geoworkspace but after setting 31467 the code is automatically set to EPSG 5677 by GeoMedia.

Same behaviour with 31466 and 5676.

Both codes are DHDN/GAUSS-KRUEGER ZONE 3 but there is a difference within the axis order and it would be helpful to have this EPSG supported, regarding upcoming necessary transformations in our region.

Is this a bug?

Regards

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Staff

Re: GeoMedia Support for EPSG 31467

[ Edited ]

As you point out EPSG:5677 is a variant of EPSG:31467 with the axis order reversed to easting before northing for use in GIS applications.

GeoMedia only supports east/north axis order, so it is automatically selecting the equivalent easting/northing EPSG code. This is a designed behavior, so GeoMedia is behaving as intended in this case.

Regular Contributor

Hi jmorris,

thank you for your answer!

What happens when I import 31467-data in GeoMedia, then GeoMedia sets 5677 and I export this data e.g. to another database: Which EPSG is my data then in the new database? I think in 5677? Will there be a tranformation? So maybe I'm going to have trouble afterwards?

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Highlighted
Staff

To my knowledge it is not possible to export data with northing/easting axis order in GeoMedia, so in the scenario described I would expect the coordinate system of the exported data to be EPSG:5677.  If the target database coordinate system was EPSG:31467, then presumably GeoMedia would interpret that coordinate system as the easting/northing equivalent of EPSG:5677 and therefore no coordinate system transformation would occur.  This is all somewhat theortical, so if you find during your actual workflow that you encounter an unexpected result, please open a support ticket describing the specific workflow (noting the source and target database types as well as the coordinate system assigned to the source and target data, etc.)

Occasional Contributor

And what happens if you set the axis order manually in

Coordinate System > Units and Formats > Projection coordinate format > Axis order

to North/South; East/West? If I am not mistaken, this parameter is not honored by EPSG in GeoMedia, but by the CSF format? 

Staff

The Coordinate System > Units and Formats > Projection coordinate format > Axis order setting only changes the format / coordinate display shown in the Precision Coordinates control.  In other words it provides a means to set the coordinate readout (and format when entering coordinate values) via the Precision Coordinates control, but does not modify the coordinate system itself.

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.