Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

GeoMedia Viewer 2016 can NOT open GWS contains Warehouse connections to PostGIS

Hello Everybody;

I'm seeking your support to provide me with workaround solution for the below issue..!

I create "GWS" using GeoMedia Professional 16.2, includes "Warehouse connection" to PostGIS;

and share it with another one at the same network using GeoMedia Viewer 16; the legend can not retrieve featuers ..!

the error message as attached

.. "Connection PostGIS colud not be opened because data server PostGISRW.GDatabase is not avilable" ..!

any valuable suggestions..?!

Warm Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Re: GeoMedia Viewer 2016 can NOT open GWS contains Warehouse connections to PostGIS

Ahmed, yes you are correct.  PostGIS warehouse connections (and many warehouse types) are not supported by GeoMedia Viewer.  It is a free product with limited functionality.  - Hal

Valued Contributor

Re: GeoMedia Viewer 2016 can NOT open GWS contains Warehouse connections to PostGIS

Hello Hal,

How can I check which warehouse types are supported by Geomedia Viewer?

Thank you

Regards

Valued Contributor

Checked:

viewer.PNG

Contributor

it is a questionable choice ....

postgis is very used !

so much so that it would be useful to improve the data server.

for example, the management of schemas and features.

ciao.

Giulio

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.