Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

GeoMedia16 Build1415 Schema Remodeler not reading WFS source

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am trying to use Schema Remodeler to export features from a WFS source to local SQL DB.

The WFS service I am using is:

https://data.canterburymaps.govt.nz/services%3Bkey%3D2452782855cd4b9bb7ad10c65876bc99/wfs/layer-7494...

I am not using any area filters, tilesets or attribute filters. I can set up source connections under Sources tab fine, however whenever I try to choose the source feature class, following error occurs. 

Initially I thought this issue could be WFS service dependent, then I tried a number of other WFSs, same error persisted.

Any thoughts?

I am using GM16 Build 1415

SchemaRemodelerWFSIssue.PNG

Staff

Re: GeoMedia16 Build1415 Schema Remodeler not reading WFS source

What you want is better achieved by ' Output to FeatureClasses '  command.

You can Select Attibutes , Reorder Attributes and Rename Attributes and output to SQL Server

Frequent Contributor

Hi Roland

I am using Schema Remodeler because:

1. The output to Feature Classes tool failed to export the WFS features (gave error), was going to log a separate SR for this issue.
  2. The client wants to be able to automate the exporting process and schedule it to run regularly. I thought Scheme Remodeler would be a good solution for that.

Cheers

Yuan

Staff

Yes, there seems to be a problem with 3 of the Attributes

Location_nilReason, Shape_nilReadon which are memo format

and Shape_owns which is boolean.

I changed the two memo attributes to Text(255) and the boolean to text

and it all works OK SQL Server

I note all these attributes have NO data, I believe the boolean needs a default, not sure

about the two memos. Maybe ask support.

Staff

Hi Yuan,

The problem where Schema Remodeler is throwing an error when attempting to work with WFS data is reported CR Defect 1-KEP0QR. You may want to log a Service Request that can officailly applied the report.

Best Regards

Frequent Contributor

thanks Roland, tried to use the Output to feature classes tool again, unselected Location_nilReason, Shape_nilReadon and Shape_owns attributes, exported fine.

Yup need to find out the rules around data types.

Cheers

Yuan

Staff

Just sent you some info in  email, maybe the WMS structure is incorrect.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.