Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Geomedia 16.5.0 Build 4108 : Schema Remodeler - not performing any transformation.

Hi,

I have this weird issue which when I run the first time will give me the following error:

Time:                    Aug 20, 2019 - 12:19:13

**Error

Error number:1

Description: Unable to create output fields for Functional Attributes

Source:      IFeatureSet_Recordset

Time:        Aug 20, 2019 - 12:19:13

**Error

Error number:393

Description: Object is invalid for operation

Source:      GDO Connection: nzprimaryparcels

**Error

Error number:-1

Description:   Invalid Transformation definition.

Source:      Execute

When run second time. There is no error log and gives  me a successful message but when I look to my database no changes were made.

The same happens when I run this schema remodeler with same or different user in another computer with the same Geomedia 16.5.0 Build 4108 .

Although, If I run the same schema remodeler with a Geomedia 15.0 build 725 with same user account and works fine. This schema remodeler takes as a source a shapefile and it performs a basic transformation which is

Y(CENTERPOINT(Input.GEOMETRY), ProjectedMeas, Meter) 

and same for X.

Also this functional attribute expression works in geomedia pretty fine but it seems to failed only once when using Schema remodeler on computer with Geomedia 16.5.0 Build 4108. 

Not sure what I am missing here.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Geomedia 16.5.0 Build 4108 : Schema Remodeler - not performing any transformation.

Seems to be a bug in the new release. I would open a ticket.

Super Contributor

Re: Geomedia 16.5.0 Build 4108 : Schema Remodeler - not performing any transformation.

Seems to match Ticket 00039822 which is in progress.

Super Contributor

Below is possible workaround - requires operator to manually click 'Validate' for transformation prior to clicking execute.

i. Failure scenario
- Double click Test01.dwt to launch Schema Remodeler
- Once it opens, click Execute (don't do anything else)
- Three features will succeed. One will fail with errors in log 'Unable to create output fields for Functional Attributes' => Problem exists
- Click on 'Feature Sets' tab, identify feature set that is failing (in my case 'NZPrimaryParcelPt') , click on ... in the Transformation column, Click 'Validate' => Should throw errors.
- Click on Attribute Mapping and ..., should throw errors.

ii. Success scenario
- Double click Test01.dwt to launch Schema Remodeler
- Click on 'Feature Sets' tab, identify feature set that is failing (in my case 'NZPrimaryParcelPt'), click on ... in the Transformation column, Click 'Validate'. 
=> Should show 'Transformations are successfully validated'. Close
- Click Execute 
- All features will succeed, no failures.

Frequent Contributor

UPDATE:

Tested and Fails on Geomedia 16.5 Desktop  Update 2 and Update 3 (windows 10)

Tested and works ok on Geomedia 16.5 Desktop Build 1109 (windows 10)it also works on Geomedia 15.0 (windows 7)

---

ShaunF and hesrah thank you for your reply.

Yes ShaunF, I already did those checks and no matter what the "Transformations are successfully validated". I also execute those Functionals attributes to make sure they actually run.

Cheers

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.