Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Geomedia 16.5 Layout legend rename not working.

Hi,

When renamnig the legend on Layout legend and click ok. Geomedia doesn't update the legend on map.

- This issue occurs in Geomedia 16.5 Build 3138 in different machines.

- It works on Geomedia 15 Build 725.

geomedia%20Layout%20legend%20issue.JPG

The illustration ilustrates an rename of the legend value 'Main Roads' to 'Roads' but after pressing 'Ok' nothing happens.

Any suggestion on this would be great.

Super Contributor

Re: Geomedia 16.5 Layout legend rename not working.

Instead of renaming the legend entry in the Layout Window legend, rename it in the map window legend.

The updated map window legend will come through to the Layout Window legend.

legendEntryRename.png

Frequent Contributor

Sure,

Thank you for the update.

I understand this work around but what I mean is the rename functionality on the layout legend. I wonder if might be a bug on v16.5 as the behaviour is different on v15. could you please confirm that?

Thank you

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I posted an further explanation but the post has gone missing. 

• As part of the GeoMedia 2018 update 2 release an change was introduced to the Layout Window Legend functionality.

Refer to Release_Guide_GM.pdf at https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GeoMedia-Release-Information/GeoMedia-Desktop-2018-Update...  

"

LAYOUT LEGEND
When working with a dynamic map in the layout window, additional kinds of changes in the map window legend are now reflected in the layout window legend:
• Hiding of a map window legend entry now causes the layout window legend entry to be removed, and other legend entries below it to be repositioned.
• Editing of the map window legend entry title now causes the title to be changed in the layout window. No adjustments are made in the positioning of the legend entry or those near it.

"

• Ticket 00044854 has been logged asking to clarify new behaviour

Should the Layout Windows Legend Entry Name property now be read-only and the right click rename removed now that the rename is done as part of the map window legend or should the the legend entry name still be renamable via the existing layout legend properties.

• The Map Window legend can be updated directly from the layout window

To avoid having to return to the map window to update the legend that can be achived directly in the layout window.

Select the Map frame and click legend properties.

I note if that is done you have to double click the map frame and then click ok for the map window legend to be renamed. I have mentioned that in the Ticket to see if it is an issue.

LayoutWindowUpdateMapWindowLegend.png

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

True,

is on the selected highlights as additional dynamic behaviors. 

Update:

Renaming layout legend on the layout window works fine on 16.5.0. Build 1109. 

Personal opinion:

• Syncronized names will not able to distinguish between legend of layout  and  map layer. Sometimes I would prefer to have a specific layer name that doesnt match with legend on my map.
  • If 'Editing of the map window legend entry title now causes the title to be changed in the layout window' please consider to change the type of release as it doesn't seem to be a minor release as you are actually changing a big part of the geomedia interaction.
  • I wouldn't consider additional feature as you cannot have the old  "static" behavior. Actually, it is also a change on UX without modifying any component of the UI (read only should be applied).
  • I suggest,also, to change the type of release as I don't think is a minor change.

Capture.PNG

and I would sugest to coorect on the highlighted features:

from

• Additional dynamic behaviors for the layout window legend

to something like

• Alteration/Replacement/Modification to dynamic behaviors for the layout window legend
Frequent Contributor

It works on Geomedia 16.5 Update 3.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.