Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Insert Images using Geomedia 2016 - images didnt display well

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I tried to insert geoferenced images using Geomedia 2016 but images didn't dispay well.

What should I do with this?

View screenshot here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/modsp5nr10hjp8d/images_2016.JPG?dl=0

Thank you! 

Hans

Anonymous

Re: Insert Images using Geomedia 2016 - images didnt display well

Hello Hanie,

You haven't provided enough information for me to provide a definite answer.  But, we have identified a problem with GeoMedia Desktop 2016 when displaying ECW images.  The images display fine in the 2015 version, but are 'scrambled' in 2016.

This is a high priority issue and development is working on a resolution.  In the meantime, there are two possible workarounds.

1. In GeoMedia, go to the File pull down, select Options.  On the Map Display tab, enable the "Advanced image processing' option.  This has resolved the issue for a few customers.
  2. If that doesn't resolve the problem, edit your registry.  Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intergraph\GeoMedia Professional\15.00\RasterEngines\GMMrSID (this will be different if you are on a 32bit operating system).  Change the ProgID value from GeoMedia.MrSIDRasterEngine to GeoMedia.MrSIDRasterEngineXXX.  This will disable the raster engine used for MrSID and ECW images.  These images will instead use the GMCRE raster engine.

This problem has been escalated with the developers.  We hope to have a patch soon.  If your problem is not with ECW images, please provide more information.

Thank you,

Joe

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.