Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Insert a non-rectangular shape (SmartFrame) into the layout programmatically (API)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I would like to create a non-rectangular Layout window SmartFrame - CIRCLE and POLYGON. 

I followed the help for this action:

1. Set the Layout window SmartFrame style.
  2. Set the Frame.Description property.
  3. Set the SmartFrame AttributeSet content.

BUT: 

I have a problem with the MapView Parameter String format.

The format of this parameter is as follows:

---------------------------------------

ControlType,MapWindowName,Dynamic,XPoint1,YPoint1,XPoint2,YPoint2,XPoint3,YPoint3,XPoint4,YPoint4,MapScale,Rotation

---------------------------------------

There are 4 corner points, but I need to set a circle (center point with radius) or a polygon (collection of points).

I found some attribute ExtentMethod, but I have not found any description about the parameter string format for this attribute...

In Geomedia UI, it is possible to do this by selecting "Existing shape" method for the Map Window feature.

Is it possible to do it programmatically?

Thanks!

Technical Evangelist

Re: Insert a non-rectangular shape (SmartFrame) into the layout programmatically (API)

Hi OZima,

similar problem has already been discussed here.

Pavel

Occasional Contributor

Re: Insert a non-rectangular shape (SmartFrame) into the layout programmatically (API)

Hi Pavel,

thanks for the link! This might be the information what we were missing. Let us try and see.

Thank you

Ondrej

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.