Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff

Install of GeoMedia commands fails on GeoMedia 16.2 setup

We have an installation with Windows 2008 R2 SP1 that has GeoMedia 16.2 installed. When we try to installa any GeoMedia command with InstallAppCmd.exe  it fails, the install don't provide any error , we can see the command on geomedia but the dialog menu are not initiated. The same commands installation works fine on another installation with GeoMedia 16.1 and Windows 2008 R2 SP1 

Staff

Re: Install of GeoMedia commands fails on GeoMedia 16.2 setup

I have a customer with a similar problem using GeoMedia 16.2 running on Windows 7.  The custom commands work fine on machines where only GeoMedia 16 has been installed.  On a machine where 6.1 was removed first and then GeoMedia 16 was installed, the custom commands were installed but didn't do anything. 

Running procmon, I saw that the class names were not in the registry.  After I ran regsvr32 on the dlls, the command icons showed up and and execute when clicked.  

Staff

Re: Install of GeoMedia commands fails on GeoMedia 16.2 setup

Yes, we have  managed to fix with similar workaround . In our case we have executed regasm.exe to all dll of the application.

Here is the bat file.

@echo off

for /R "C:\Program Files\GInterAqua\ApplicationCommands\" %%W in ( *.dll ) do (

echo DLL=%%W

"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe" "%%W" /codebase

)

My doubt is if this occurs also in 16.2 patch 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.