Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Label dynamic with background not working.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I want to add a background on the text format. Therefore I go to   'Label Manager' > 'Properties..' > 'Select Style...'

Capture.PNG

On Style properties I checked display frame but when I click ok and apply for changes none of the changes I have made were actually applied to the label. I really want to have a background on label so doesn't get mixed with the satellite image. I wonder if there is another way to do this.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

I can edit the dynamic labels style (from Legend panel)but once I zoom out the style will desappear.

Let me know your thoughts about this.

Thank you

Contributor

Re: Label dynamic with background not working.

the label manager unfortunately has many gaps ..........

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have made many labels generations using the label manager in GM.

The halo and frames are not supported directly in the manager. You must add it after the labels generation by modifying the text properties (halo) or directly in the legend entry style (frames)

Regards

Frequent Contributor

Hi bfarganel,

Thank you for your contribution on this. In fact, I tried that and actually is how I got the printscreen but after zooming when rendering it will disappear and go back to the simple label style.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I understand your problem

In the labels properties, you can select a style, but the halo and frame options will be ignored during the generation. The only way to display halo or frame is to modify the style of the OUTPUT result (not in the label manager)

• Halo : you can add a halo using 'Change text properties command' or directly in the legend entry style
  • Frame : The only way is to modify the legend entry style

The problem I have encountered with the frames is for the labels on multiple lines. The only way I have found to display a frame is to use GM queries to calculate the MBR of the individual frames (but you can get conflicts)

But you can really generate advanced results. I'm testing 'tables' generation by using a 'fixed sized' font, and the first results are not bad (next post)

Frequent Contributor

Example of 'tables'

Contributor

it would be time for the hexagon to work these shortcomings.

label manager is a component left behind compared to GM 6.1 and later.

it's a sin ....

Giulio

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.