Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Technical Evangelist
Accepted Solution

M.App Chest Connection

[ Edited ]

According to 2016 release notes there should be a possibility to connect and transfer data between GeoMedia and M.App Chest.

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/book#!book;uri=b9213bb5cd92504f9d91f52284b83940;breadcrumb...

However I don't have any M.App Chest Connection command under Manage Data Ribbon tab.

Untitled.png

I have downloaded and installed the GM Professional from our official download site.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Regular Contributor

Re: M.App Chest Connection

Hi Jan,

as far as I know (from our Regional Manager) the M.App Chest Connection (as you already know it e.g. from the Spatial Modeler) will be available with Service Pack 1 which will be released later this year.

There are some other release notes similar to this: For example having Spatial Models available in the Explorer will also be available with 2016 SP1.

Regards,

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Re: M.App Chest Connection

Jan, I find no reference to M.App Chest integration in the release notes (now the release guide) for 2016.  But I see you are referencing the online help on FluidTopics, and indeed we did accidentally leave a lingering reference to this capability there.  It will be corrected, if it has not been already.

This functionality was begun and early provisional capability was included in certain pre-release builds for a brief period, but was never included in the release.

Stefan, although a fresh release of GeoMedia is possible for late this year, it is unlikely to have the M.App Chest integration capability.  Inclusion in the 2017 release is a more likely scenario.  Regarding spatial models, we do hope to include a new Run Spatial Model command in a GeoMedia release prior to 2017.  Whenever it does occur, then yes, spatial models would appear in the Explorer Window (and elsewhere).  - Hal

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.