Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Tim
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Maximum Size of SmartStore File

Please would someone remind me what the maximum size of a file created by the Publish to SmartStore utility can be on a 64bit system?

It's an age related thing....

Thanks,

Tim

Regular Contributor

Re: Maximum Size of SmartStore File

Hi Tim

I've never heard about a specific limit for SmartStore files. For Win 32bit OS there is/was a limit of 2 GB for the file size. I guess that still applies to SmartStore files (with 32bit GM).

Best regards,

hesrah

Tim
Contributor

Re: Maximum Size of SmartStore File

The limit that I was thinking of that I've since managed to remind myself about is the size of the temporary *_Str.cdt file which is 4GB.  If you're publishing a very large single feature class you'll see this file's size gradually grow to 4GB.  When it reaches that value the process continues to process features but the file does not get any larger.  Sometime later (probably when all features have been processed) the process fails.

That's what I was trying to remember, but didn't quite pose the question that way Smiley Wink

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.