Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Missing Subtypes (FDGB)

Hi All!

I was wondering if someone ever heard that Subtypes aren’t shown when loading FGDB-Data to GeoMedia Pro. All I can see are the GDB-Codes. Is it possible that I need a special warehouse configuration file?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: Missing Subtypes (FDGB)

Hi GeoSummit,

I always recommend to create warehouse configuration files when possible (Apps --> Hex GM Desktop --> Define Warehouse Configuration File: Choose File Geodatabase).

But mabye you have one of the following problems:

• FGDB dataserver does not support FGDB built with ArcGIS prior to version 10
  • Furthermore the are some restrictions to the dataserver as you can take from GeoMedia help: Some special datatypes are not supported for example networks, topologies, layer defintions, raster datasets and so on (Take a look at GeoMedia Help)

So make sure the FGDB-dataserver supports your FGDB-version and your selected datatype!

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Contributor

[ Edited ]

This topic was the one I was looking for...

The Subtypes in fdgb will not be displayed for example for the code "Dringlichkeitsstufe"..:

Esri will give me "low" or "mid" or "high"

GeoMedia will give me "200"or "600" or "800"

Also I have seen a limitation list, which I attached to this post. This limitations sound very similar to the mentioned information of s.rutka. Relationship classes are also not supported, which in my opinion are the subtypes (lookups), correct

I tried to go for with the Picklist Manager to define the values, but this only supports Access/SQL/Oracle...which is not an option.

Question: is there a way to show the Dringlichkeitsstufe correctly in this case or is this out of range in GM?

Kind regards

Philippe

GeoMedia Desktop Professional v.16 Build 1415

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Philippe,

I think the real data values of "Dringlichkeitstufe" are 200, 600, 800 and there is a special definition maybe in your ESRI-Layerfile or your .mxd which declares those values as "low, mid or high".

You can show your feature class "Dringlichkeitsstufe" out of your FDGB with "unique values" - here you are able to define other values for your data and GeoMedia will show those in the legend.

Is this what you are looking for?

Regards

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Stefan

Thank you for your answer!

tIn this case, the real data values "200, 600 and 800" should not be changed in ESRI.

As the .mxd file declares those values "low, mid or high" in ESRI, I would like that GM also declares these numbers "200, 600 and 800" to "low, mid or high"...

Is there any possibility to not touch the ESRI Files and just tell GM to declare 200=low based on keeping the .gdb format?

Its not about the map-Window in GM, its all about the Data-Window, so the real data values "200, 600 and 800" should be named as "low, mid or high"...maybe as a lookuptable?!

Kind regards to Germany from Switzerland Smiley Happy

Philippe

Staff

If you don't mind using a Functional Attribute Query to view the FGDB data then you could create an expression using a nested IF statement (as shown below) to display desired values of 'low', 'mid', and 'high' in GeoMedia.

IF(Input.NAME="200","low",IF(Input.NAME="600","mid",IF(Input.NAME="800","high","no match"))

As an additional step you could create an Attribute Selection query using the Functional Attribute query as input and configure Attributes in the Selection query to disable the display of the original attribute that contains the 200,600, and 800 values (NAME in the example above) and then rename the attribute derived from the Functional Attribute query to be the same as the original attribute name.  Thus viewing the FGDB data via the Selection Query it would have the same appearance of the original FGDB source feature class (with the low, mid, and high values rather than 200, 600, and 800). 

So based on the workflow above if you were viewing the data via the Selection Query there would be a single NAME attribute displayed that contained the low, mid, and high values (or "no match" if the value in the original attribute field was not 200, 600, or 800).  In this case the Attribute Selection query would serve as a proxy for the FGDB feature class.  You can of course rename the query as well if you want it to retain the same name as the original FGDB feature class.

Staff

I forgot to mention in my last post that there is an existing CR 1-D4U683 requesting that the FGDB data server support the display of FGDB domain definitions.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.