Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Open GWS without Geomedia

Hi all

Is it possible to opne a GWS without using Geomedia? Like one can do with an access-database. I need to delete a query which I can't open anymore in Geomedia and because of this I can't delete it in the queries menu.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Christian

Regular Contributor

Re: Open GWS without Geomedia

Hi Christian

Should be possible by code.

You will start GeoMedia by code too - it's not possible to open a GWS like an Access db without a GeoMedia process. But by code you be able to edit/delete your queries without GUI functionality.

But normally you can delete "dead" queries: Close all connections, save the GWS, close GeoMedia, open the GWS again, (don't open a connection,) delete the query via GUI dialog.

Regards,

hesrah

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi hesrah

What do you mean by code? How can I open a GWS by code?

Regular Contributor

There is an API for GeoMedia. Via this API you can for example with VB or C# code start/control GeoMedia as ActiveX/COM server and manipulate every element with program code. But it requires to know a little bit about programming and about the GeoMedia API (object modell of GeoMedia program libraries) ...

Contributor

Allright.

Thanks for your help.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.