Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

Overlay Vector on top of Raster

Hello,

I am using GeoMedia Essentials and would like to overlay my vector data ontop of my raster interactive image.

I have two windows open: 1) Contains my Vector data and 2) My Interactive Raster Image

Using the interactive image option I thought it would allow me to create control points to link the two together. However, that option was not provided. Using GeoMedia essentials, how can i overlay my vector data on top of my raster interactive image?

Thank You.

Regular Contributor

Re: Overlay Vector on top of Raster

Just do your task in a single mapwindow - it should work!

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
New Contributor

Hello,

The issue is not about doing the task in one window, or two windows. 

My question is how to do the task in GeoMedia Essentials once the interactive raster image is in the window - how can I make sure my vector data is correctly overlayed on top of the image. For example, where do I go to create control points etc. 

Thank You.

Regular Contributor

Hi Simi,

I got you wrong, sorry.

Unfortunately I have bad news: You're in need of "Image registration" - but it is only availbale within GeoMedia Professional.

I already started a post (Ideation) that this tool should be available in lower product tiers like GM Advantage.

Maybe you will give it a comment and vote here

Hope that helps

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Contributor

Hi Simi,

Did you ever figure this out? I would like to do something similar.

Many thanks

Adrian

Staff

Should be able to do in Imagine Essentials

With any Geomedia Tier purchase a Licence for Imagine Essentials is provided to do basic Image processing, So you get Imagine Essentials.

Do the registration in it.  For Vector control export your GM feature data to shapefile, and drop into Imagine.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.