Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Problem with geomedia transportation manager command "Insert LRS Event"

Hi all,

I'm trying to insert a linear event with the geomedia transportation manager tool "Insert LRS Event".
the LRS model is measure, event type is linear, event reference type is Coordinate. The coordinate fields are type double.
When I press the ok button I get message: "Event measure fields should be of type text!". I have to convert the data type measure fields in text so It works, but I want keep the numeric fields. How can I solve this issue?

Thanks

insert_LRS_event.JPG

Technical Evangelist

Re: Problem with geomedia transportation manager command "Insert LRS Event"

If the dialog accepts queries, you can try to create a Functional Attribute query with function CAST and use the new field.

Pavel

Occasional Contributor

The dialog accepts the functional attribute query but I think the command must write new values on fields. When I click on LRS feature for begin distance/end distance then I get the message:

error2.JPG

maybe It doesn't work because the new fields query can't be editable

maybe the only way is to create a new feature class with the type text fields...

Staff

You are correct that you cannot update a value that is the result of a functional expression.  You are also correct that in this particular workflow you have little choice except to use text data type fields for the begin and end coordinate values.  I suspect the purpose of forcing text is to more easily allow the user to collect values that contain characters other than numbers such as Lat / Long in DD:MMSmiley FrustratedS.SSSS format.    We see a similar behavior when calculating geographic coordinates using the Analyze Geometry command which always writes Lat and Long as TEXT fields.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.