Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor

PublishIFC and AFM connections

I'm looking at improving performance of AFM based GWS by trialing pre-publishing IFC cache.

i. Checking I have the right datasource connection

Examples for SQL Server:

My example for SFM:

<DataSource dataSourceMoniker="SQL ServerSmiley IndifferentDSM:=Server=mySqlServerHost;Database=AFMDatabaseSmiley IndifferentConnInfo:=PRO:=GDO:;TYP:=SQLServerRO.GDatabase:;LOC:=AFMDatabase@mySqlServerHost:;CON:=Data Source=mySqlServerHost;Initial Catalog=AFMDatabase;Trusted_Connection=yes:;">

My example for AFM:

<DataSource dataSourceMoniker="SQL ServerSmiley IndifferentDSM:=Server=mySqlServerHost;Database=AFMDatabaseSmiley IndifferentConnInfo:=PRO:=GDO:;TYP:=SQLServerRO.GDatabase:;LOC:=AFMDatabase@mySqlServerHost:;CON:=Data Source=mySqlServerHost;Initial Catalog=AFMDatabase;Trusted_Connection=yes:;ProxyType:=AFM.GDatabase">

i.e. added :;ProxyType:=AFM.GDatabase

Seem right? I think its right as caches don't republish when loading a GWS.

ii. Is it possible to somehow have AFM and SFM cache for same warehouse in same cache folder?

If I publish an SFM cache and open an AFM GWS, the cache updates during opening.

If I publish an AFM cache and open an SFM GWS, the cache updates during opening.

If I publish an SFM cache and open an SFM GWS, the cache does not update during opening.

If I publish an AFM cache and open an AFM GWS, the cache does not update during opening.

=> I assume therefore that if some users use SFM and some AFM, they need to use seperate cache folders and change cache file location in options to swtich back/forward?

(I also found it seems fairly sensitive to 'minor' coordinate system differences. e.g. I might publish using EPSG:2193 and my display coordiante system would also be EPSG:2193 but with different vertical datum and axis order. That seemed to be enough to make it think the CRS is different and therefore republish on opening GWS. Didn't spend much time verifying truth to that but seems to be the case - could also have been my mucking around with publish defs).

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.